X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koa is losing players

I hope this post doesn't get closed, hidden, blocked, but read and genuinely thought about. People spend their spare time doing a lot of different things, some people read, some go out nightly, some party, some drink, some coach, play cards, etc etc etc. This community of players whether we have all agreed or got along, along the way we picked a lot of our spare time to be used, given up, or sacrificed to play this game The King of Avalon. On the flip side of that there’s the employees who work for the game company, every employee has days where they love their job, hate their job, do just enough to get by at the job, or go above and beyond for their job. I know this week has been hectic for me at my job but I must get thru it. Now, hear me out. Im making the post as polite and level headed as I possibly can for everyone to understand. We all want to play this game for as long as we can without getting bored or the game shutting down. Thats p2p and f2p across the board. But this weekend is showing that the population in some kingdoms are frustrated and ready to plain out quit KOA. The overall issue of releasing the wicked deathseeker gear and now ice gear has caused great harm. Many alliances can’t defend against this gear. I know my alliance alone was left in smoldering ashes after one visit from a player during ke. Now you ask yourself, put yourself in someone else's shoes in any kingdom. You log on and you want to play your favorite game, but you simply cannot, what do you do? There is also the issue of the larger more powerful strongholds attacking smaller and weaker strongholds. There has to be a way to prevent this from happening. This also causes anger and discontent. I can't do anything for anyone as much as I wish I could, I can only make the topic visible to those in power…those in power have the final say. I know I along with other players personally would give up all the lvl ups, all the tourneys, all the promos, all the wicked gear that are coming up, everything you guys are working on to continue to make the game worth while, different and fun. I enjoy the game, as do most people, and we really enjoy the game with the people we play with, and the competition that comes with it. But if there is no competition, it means there’s no one to play with and it means the enjoyment of the game since its alliance based is gone. I think if you asked your player base we are willing to take a freeze of events for x amount of time if it meant the company and the team were working on a balance of power. I know your intentions can’t be to let kingdoms die. You’re a company, no company no matter how big or small wants to lose a paying customer whether its 10$ a week, 100$ or 1000$. Thanks to those who read this long winded message… Everyone who replies or has something to say on this topic, keep it clean. Please. This isn't a bashing this isn't a negative thread, it's a plea for help in the most respective and calm fashion I know how on behalf of myself and the KOA community. Thank you all for your time. Duke of kingdom 313

Hi Dukinator,

I understand that it can be frustrating to be attacked by those who are much stronger. But new gear, gems, stronghold levels and other items are required to keep the bigger players engaged and to keep the game moving forward. As far as defending against these things, may I suggest you talk with bigger alliances in your kingdom about becoming allies? Many people in bigger alliances will become allies as it gives them more to do in the game and they see the value of helping defend the smaller players so they can grow and contribute to the kingdom down the road. Also, talk with the king of your kingdom and the bigger players about establishing some kingdom rules to allow everyone a chance to play the game and grow at their own pace. Once your kingdom starts participating in KvK many of the bigger players begin to see that it takes the entire kingdom to secure the throne and unless the entire kingdom benefits, people aren't willing to help out. Many older kingdoms have come up with their own kingdom rules, such as no attacking outside KE or a few days of kingdom wide peace, a few days of hive peace and a day or two of war, outside KE. Please remember this is a war game and as such wars between players is part of the game. While I agree that bigger strongholds attacking smaller ones takes no skill and is not a lot of fun, the bigger strongholds need insane amounts of resources for upgrades and it is much faster to attack someone for resources than it is to farm them (for example iron and silver) and you need those bigger guys to help during your KvK. I have talked with MODs in older kingdoms and they aren't dying, they are learning to make compromises in the kingdom to keep it alive, work together and are recruiting new players to their established kingdoms. There are ways to play the game without dropping a lot of money on the game and to grow, you just need to look for other ways to do it, joining a bigger alliance, becoming an ally with a bigger alliance, bringing the bigger players and your king together and working on a some kind of kingdom peace schedule.

I hope this helps you and your kingdom. If you have further questions or suggestions please let us know.

Happy gaming.

K435 The Silver Cosmos Shepherd.MOD
    K435. The Silver Cosmos Shepherd.MOD

Comment

Hello Blackfox,

I am very sorry to hear about the troubles your kingdom seems to be having. It can be very difficult to play in a kingdom, such as the one you have described. My kingdom started out much the same way and it was difficult to enjoy the game, many people didn't stay long and moved on to newer kingdoms. To address the inappropriate behavior, please report the chat of the players that are breaking ToS. If you do not have a MOD there is no way for FunPlus to know there is a problem if the chat isn't reported. If you click on the players avatar one of the options that pops up is report chat. Please do this, so someone can look into it. All players are expected to follow the ToS and it is the same ToS regardless of the a players national origin. As far as the constant farming and attacking, that is part of the game. I suggest finding an alliance with some spenders who use shields and alternate who is shielded and reinforce those with shields to hide troops. Pick a person to push each day or however often your alliance has the resources to send someone to help them upgrade. This can help with growth and keep other people from stealing all your resources. Also, if those of you who are struggling band together and find someone who is willing to stand up to the problem players, give them resources to build as fast as possible so they can help stand up to those who are always attacking you. I know that these solutions are not quick fixes but if you and all those who are struggling band together, report the violations of ToS and work together to help one another grow, you can make it work.
      I hope this helps, if you need further help please let us know or if you have questions or suggestions we are here to help with that also.

Happy gaming.

Comment

Blackfox,

I understand it is frustrating when people break the rules. Please remember that customer support is supporting and helping players in over 500 kingdoms and they get reports of bots in all of them. It takes time for them to investigate each report, please be patient. As far as the bulling and harassment, to help with that please report the individuals in kc. If you click on their profile picture there is an option to report chat. Please do this and have others who witness the bullying and harassment, report it also. I see that there is no MOD currently in your kingdom, so reporting is the only thing that can be done. Customer support cannot help if they do not know that it is happening. Also, if you or another player or players in your kingdom are willing and able you can always apply to be a mod in your kingdom to help with some of the problems. While MODs cannot do much about bot farms, they can help with bullying and harassment.

I understand that none of this fixes the problem immediately and I truly am sorry that your kingdom, you and the players in that kingdom are having such a hard time. Please feel free to reach out and have others reach out if we can help. All the MODs in the game will happily help in any way we can but please remember, we are players just like you, so in some cases all we can offer is a friendly ear to listen and maybe offer a suggestion or two.

Please reach out if we can help you with questions, concerns, submitting suggestions or just a friendly ear.

Comment

do me a favor? tell Woco I said "you're still a weak assed, cowardly, gutless scumbag.", and if he's going to communicate to me, don't hide behind blocked message like a coward. That creep has been dogging me for three years. Multi-acvounying, scummy, bullying, cheating no-skill coining fool. I'm ditching this game.

Comment

Hhi, I love koaaa

Comment

Working...
            X