X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for balance, and to prevent bullying

1. The easiest solution, limit attacks to 3 levels below your own Stronghold and up. So, an SH26 can only attack SH23+. SH22 can only attack SH19+, etc.
    2. Make player attacks cost stamina, I would suggest 25 stamina per player attack.
    3. After being hit, you get an automatic 30min or 1hr shield. Call it Merlin's Salavation or something.
    4. Prevent players from teleporting into other alliance areas if they have an active fortress

Something HAS to be done. Some kingdoms, like K91, are absolutely unbearable to play in. I personally would absolutely spend money in this game if I didn't think I would just be buying RSS for someone 15 levels higher than me who was just going to steal on a whim.
    Last edited by melvin2345; 03-06-2017, 02:05 PM.

I agree with the above ideas. If we could get the (cheat code using) bullying Chinese out of the game, it might actually be fun to play.

Comment

I disagree with this. It would require making the cost and time to train troops reduced, or else hitting someone would not even be close to worth it because you would lose more than gain. Attacking would become pointless because gathering rss would be more beneficial and you would not lose stamina. The game would then become who can gather the most, and there would be no battle fought because its not beneficial. Players who then spend more money will win the game, because they cannot be taken out.

Comment

well Fallen really dont have a clue because i have seen countless players stop playing and spending because of the bulling going on.i have spent hundreds on this game and still all i do is repair so im gonna cut my loses like the rest and quit.

Comment

Same problem in our kingdom, a few players who bulleted to high level and power took over. Their alliance only allows Chinese and they hate all foreigners. They have ruined any and all strategic play because they are untouchable. Full rallies don't do a thing against them. They make the rounds daily, just smashing everyone and taking what they have. Shield, you say? Sure, because staying shielded 24/7 is SO much fun. Hide your troops? Sure, because those troops will be so effective at stopping them from taking down the fortress and destroying your alliance buildings. Rebuilding can be done, but when it's the same every day, there is no point in continuing. Changing kingdoms will not help because they come in and do it again. These players have multiple kingdoms they play in, and they sometimes even brag about the destruction. It's hard to understand a player who only enjoys ruining others' ability to enjoy the game. There is no honor in it, there is no "Winning" when you've taken everything away from everyone else.

One suggestion - Make tiered kingdoms. One level is for the power players, those who WANT to spend enormous amounts (or who hack) and then they can fight each other. Another level for those who buy up to X number of packs per month. Another level for others, and so on. It would start being a more balanced game environment and people would be more likely to stay long term. What is the point in even playing when your "Win" is guaranteed just because you threw so much money at it? It isn't about the win, it's about being able to bully others and prevent them from enjoying something.

Comment

• Summerfield
            Summerfield commented
            Editing a comment
            I've made the same suggestions about tiered kingdoms. What fun is it to just be a farm? I'm not spending a dime on this game because I'm not just going to buy something to help someone else grow.

Same problem in our kingdom, a few players who bulleted to high level and power took over. Their alliance only allows Chinese and they hate all foreigners. They have ruined any and all strategic play because they are untouchable. Full rallies don't do a thing against them. They make the rounds daily, just smashing everyone and taking what they have. Shield, you say? Sure, because staying shielded 24/7 is SO much fun. Hide your troops? Sure, because those troops will be so effective at stopping them from taking down the fortress and destroying your alliance buildings. Rebuilding can be done, but when it's the same every day, there is no point in continuing. Changing kingdoms will not help because they come in and do it again. These players have multiple kingdoms they play in, and they sometimes even brag about the destruction. It's hard to understand a player who only enjoys ruining others' ability to enjoy the game. There is no honor in it, there is no "Winning" when you've taken everything away from everyone else.

One suggestion - Make tiered kingdoms. One level is for the power players, those who WANT to spend enormous amounts (or who hack) and then they can fight each other. Another level for those who buy up to X number of packs per month. Another level for others, and so on. It would start being a more balanced game environment and people would be more likely to stay long term. What is the point in even playing when your "Win" is guaranteed just because you threw so much money at it? It isn't about the win, it's about being able to bully others and prevent them from enjoying something.

Comment

We are about to have a mass exodus of players in Kingdom 86 because of one dude who has spent over 20,000 dollars on the game and is ridiculously over-powered. He is so far beyond what anyone else is capable of at the moment and the game is endlessly frustrating because of his involvement. If you want to keep a hundred or so players (potential customers and their friends), I would strongly suggest a feature limiting how far beneath you are allowed to hit. Base this limitation on POWER, not stronghold or lord level.

Comment

• Summerfield
              Summerfield commented
              Editing a comment
              A lot of players in k144 have left to play another game, it's a ghost town outside of the top 5

I love the idea of creating some balance. I think that a power range is a good idea, but understand how that might effect ppl actually attacking. I think a pay based kingdom system is a great idea. I have suggested none pay kingdoms in the past. Those of us who aren't dropping $$ in this game should also have an opportunity to play. It would give us the chance to win based on skill and not on our pocket book.

Comment

• Summerfield
              Summerfield commented
              Editing a comment
              i have also suggested it.

Just how many players do you think there really is that has not spent a single penny in this game? Once you buy the cheapest pack you will not be able to stay in that kingdom. But yes there needs to be a way to stop the bullying many kingdoms have.

Comment

Ich finde die Idee von melvin2345 super...kann die nur unterstützen

Comment

Hi Guys this is a discussion an debate that needs to be had, Limiting the attacking by sh lvl or troop level will not bullying in the game asa player of the same sh lvl can also bully or a very large alliance can easily bully smaller alliance. but please any additional idea are welcome
                ​k49.scull.PMOD.IRE

Comment

• Summerfield
                  Summerfield commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I honestly think the solution is to offer kingdoms for non paying players. I understand that this doesn't make them any money, but it keeps the game active. Or perhaps kingdoms based on amounts spent on a monthly basis. Players in these kingdoms would be capped at how much they can spend in a 30 day period. I have seen 100's of players quit k144 in the last month because of pay to play. No one can grow when 3 large alliances are farming them multiple times a day.

First of all this is not an issue of so called "bullying". Bullying is behaviour that exists at times in schools/workplaces and the like where it is not supposed to occur. This is a game environment. The entire foundation of the game is attacking others, killing their troops and stealing their resources. It is a WAR game. A PvP game. And these players are doing exactly what the game intended them to do.

That does not mean that there isn't a problem. There is. And it's MASSIVE. And it's escalating with the entry of the Chinese market. The problem is that the solutions to this issue rest in areas other than limits on attacks and kingdoms divided by spending or other means. Either of those solutions in their many various forms that I have seen suggested would simply damage the game further.

Each kingdom is a little ecosystem. A food chain. And every link in that chain, each part of the system is important for it to function effectively as a whole. Problems arise when the "ecosystem" gets out of whack. There are 2 major issues I can see that feed into this overall problem.

1. Absolute dominance : where one or 2 castles are so far ahead of every other castle in the kingdom that it's the equivalent of throwing a couple of TRex into a herd of cows.

2. Lack of population density : too many new kingdoms opened too often.

​The solution to #1 is to limit the type and number of packs able to be purchased in the lead up to first throne. The solution to #2 is to open no more than 2-3 kingdoms per week and open them all on the same day. Both of these solutions can only come aboutif the developers recognise the detrimental effect this is having on the game. Player attrition is very high and contin
                K45.Amethyst.MOD.AUS

Comment

• TheDarkKnight
                  TheDarkKnight commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, lots of Alternative facts going on. Hey, let's make KoA Great Again! It's idiots like you and the comments you make that really piss me off.

https://nobullying.com/the-rise-of-b...-online-games/

• ~Amethyst~
                  ~Amethyst~ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It would be more productive for you to address the points I make in my post, and if you disagree offer cogent and persuasive arguments for why I am wrong. Personal attacks add nothing to the debate. This is an important issues to which EFFECTIVE solutions need to be found.

As I have argued elsewhere many times, limits on castle levels or the number of attacks would only prevent people from using farm castles. The very people who these suggestions seek to protect would be the most damaged by them. They would leave the game immediately and in large numbers.

K45.Amethyst.MOD. AUS

Hi everyone !
                I will try to do my best to express myself as english is not my native language.

First I'm happy to see that my kingdom is not the only one where the problem exists. What's the problem ? Well an alliance (Chinese of course) dominates our kingdom and prevents other alliances and players from levelling by destroying them nearly everyday when they have more than 500k ressources.

I know it's a pvp game but we have to ask what pvp should be :
                • A fair battle between players or alliances of the same power leading to fights to keep control of a kingdom, be at the top ...
                • An alliance or players who destroy everyone because they took an advantage at the begining and now no one can stop them or even resist !

If you choose the second option then every kingdom where this situation appears will die, players will leave and the game will die. I have already seen this on others game and it can be really fast.
                The first option will make the game much better and has more chance to attract more players.

Now we know what we want we need to know how we can do it. I will try to summarize those in this subject and add my point of view.
                The problem is big players attacking players much more lower than them. We can either slow big players from becoming bigger and bigger or protect their target.
                • You can't fix a number of packs per months because it's the way authors earn money. Moreover they're not idiot and won't do that and I understand them
                • You must then find a way to protect the targets. Here are some solution I read + my own :
                  • A kingdom without packs => Why not but as told earlier packs = money so any solution with packs won't be the solution
                  • Tiered kingdoms => No because strong players can help weak one through alliance by giving them help, hints, assisting for barbarians, events ...
                  • Automatic shield or kind of protection after an attack => No because it would ruin alliance's war but why not when wall's hp reach 0 ?
                  • Alliance territory : Preventing people from teleporting into an other alliance territory if they're not allied or member => Why not but it won't solve the problem at all
                  • Attacks cost stamina : No ! => In case of a war you should be able to attack as much as you want until your forces are dead or your enemy is destroyed
                  • Level limitations : I agree with this !! I've seen this on several games and it works well ! Strong players will still fight but together and their target can progress and try to reach the top. Maybe we should look power + stronghold level instead of sh only. There will be more challenge if your alliance start a war because strong players won't be able to destroy the weak ones and then run away. It won't end pvp but it will be more challenging !
                  • Bonus/Malus : an alternative to level limitations is to give bonus to defending players based on the power difference between the two players. It can be bonus to attack/hp/ trap strength ... or even preventing players from winning ressources if they're far stronger than their target because no challenge = no glory
                It won't solve the problem but will reduce the negative impact of those strong players (mainly or only Chinese one) destroying every players in their kingdoms. Thanks for your patience, don't hesitate to tell me what you think about this. I will be very happy to debate with you and sorry again for all my mistakes !

Comment

• Greetings Hallows
                  Greetings Hallows commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's not just Chinese it's russian players too most of the problems is due to the language barrier & yes large alliance with high levels tend to let their power rule their heads they wittingly attack those with lower levels because they know none of those that got attacked can avenge themselves. Yes something needs to be done those need to be moved into a kingdom with those with the same level & let them kill each other & leave the rest to learn the game
                  Yes I buy bundles but this will stop until the developer's do something about it cos I'm not prepared to throw my money at getting items that I know these bullies are going to take it away & shields are no good cos they will wait until that shield wears off & yes if this carries on this game will lose players!

Originally posted by melvin2345 View Post
                1. The easiest solution, limit attacks to 3 levels below your own Stronghold and up. So, an SH26 can only attack SH23+. SH22 can only attack SH19+, etc.
                2. Make player attacks cost stamina, I would suggest 25 stamina per player attack.
                3. After being hit, you get an automatic 30min or 1hr shield. Call it Merlin's Salavation or something.
                4. Prevent players from teleporting into other alliance areas if they have an active fortress

Something HAS to be done. Some kingdoms, like K91, are absolutely unbearable to play in. I personally would absolutely spend money in this game if I didn't think I would just be buying RSS for someone 15 levels higher than me who was just going to steal on a whim.
                I agree to this one, but stamina will cost you if you are attacking a lower level SH that you. I also agree to the shield when attacked..depends on what is the outcome of the attack. Just like Clash of Clans...you get protection after an attack.

Comment

• TheDarkKnight
                  TheDarkKnight commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What about a stamina progression loss. Zero points lost for same level attack. 10 additional for each level lower. So, if you really want to attack someone five levels lower, it will cost 50 stamina for each attack. So, unless you want to buy stamina, than that limits the number of attacks.

If you are getting farmed by bigger players use your gold or alliance points to get a shield.

Comment

• Raikkonen
                  Raikkonen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can't shield all the time when these bullies attack you..and if you're a f2p..gold is not that many.
              Working...
              X