Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• melvin2345
    started a topic Ideas for balance, and to prevent bullying

Ideas for balance, and to prevent bullying

1. The easiest solution, limit attacks to 3 levels below your own Stronghold and up. So, an SH26 can only attack SH23+. SH22 can only attack SH19+, etc.
    2. Make player attacks cost stamina, I would suggest 25 stamina per player attack.
    3. After being hit, you get an automatic 30min or 1hr shield. Call it Merlin's Salavation or something.
    4. Prevent players from teleporting into other alliance areas if they have an active fortress

Something HAS to be done. Some kingdoms, like K91, are absolutely unbearable to play in. I personally would absolutely spend money in this game if I didn't think I would just be buying RSS for someone 15 levels higher than me who was just going to steal on a whim.
    Last edited by melvin2345; 03-06-2017, 02:05 PM.

• TheSilverCosmosShepherd
    replied
    kmiller,

This is a great suggestion and I will submit it as such!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverCosmosShepherd
    commented on 's reply
    Nessa,

Unfortunately each kingdom goes through a period of constant war and people trying to find their place in the kingdom. I know it is frustrating for new players when they come into an established kingdom, to grow and progress in the game. That is why your kingdom and its leaders need to come up with some kingdom rules. Each kingdom in the game is different. For instance, in my kingdom we had one player who stepped up and dropped a lot of money to become the strongest player and made rules that were fair for everyone, new players, free to play players and pay to win players. It took some time but things have settled and we have fallen into a rhythm of attacking and peace. We still have rogue players who do not follow the rules but we have enough who have grown in power that they can help take care of the rogues. This is all part of the game. Each kingdom and its players need to figure out what works for them. If the way your kingdom is being run doesn't work with how you want to play, talk to whoever is making the rules in your kingdom. If you have someone who is rogue and doesn't want any rules and just wants war 24/7 there are two options, one find someone who is a good player, who wants to see the kingdom grow and prosper and get others in the kingdom to join together to push that individual to a high enough level that they can take control of your kingdom or leave that kingdom and try again in a new one or look at the recruiting posts here, on discord or the Facebook fan page and find an older kingdom that has a game play setup that you think would work for you and your friends. Setting up caps on castle levels that can attack or be attacked is tricky as many people have multiple accounts, main account and one or two farm accounts. If you are a SH 30 and your farm account is only a 16, you can't raid it for the resources it collects, you would have to trade the resources and pay the tax on it (and trading any good amount of silver and/or iron takes an eternity. Also, if there are dead accounts that need to be cleared for an alliance to move their hive, this would become an issue also. Again, I understand where you are coming from, as my kingdom was nothing but war 24/7 for a long time and it was frustrating and discouraging, but there are other options than placing limits/caps on stats or the level you can attack.
    I hope you get some ideas from this and are able to find a solution for you and hopefully your kingdom! If you have any other suggestions or need help with anything please let us know.

K435. The Silver Cosmos Shepherd.MOD

• Nessa Ellenesse
    replied
    Nessa Ellenesse from kingdom 477. My kingdom 477. My kingdom is stagnating. New players do not stand a chance. So many castles from players who joined then then quit. I have seen entire alliances just leave the game. I honestly don't know what they are trying to do. But the effect is they are driving people away from the game them and the other alliance they are working with. You could learn a lot from other MMOs Level caps that give new players a chance Make it where players can't attack some more more than 5 levels above or below them. Just because this is a war game doesn't mean a new player should be continuously crushed by someone 30 l3vels higher than them and put a power restriction on attacks too. Also send conquest participants to a new kingdom of their own
    Last edited by Nessa Ellenesse; 07-02-2018, 02:08 PM. Reason: Adding somthing

Leave a comment:

• Greetings Hallows
    commented on 's reply
    It's not just Chinese it's russian players too most of the problems is due to the language barrier & yes large alliance with high levels tend to let their power rule their heads they wittingly attack those with lower levels because they know none of those that got attacked can avenge themselves. Yes something needs to be done those need to be moved into a kingdom with those with the same level & let them kill each other & leave the rest to learn the game
    Yes I buy bundles but this will stop until the developer's do something about it cos I'm not prepared to throw my money at getting items that I know these bullies are going to take it away & shields are no good cos they will wait until that shield wears off & yes if this carries on this game will lose players!

• Suprdave
    replied
    I am in k370 I started in k125, and in there there was no peace rule, constantly battling. Not all kingdoms agree to peace rule but for players no spending tons of cash it is necessary to have peace for them to grow. But you get one guy so overpowered no one can stop him if he chooses to attack everyone. It is also caused by purchase of illegal resources and lack of policing of it. There should be a no attack spell one can cast on them selfs that becomes harder to obtain as you upgrade. So for example a sh 15 can cast a spell lasting for 3-5 days fairly easy. While a sh30 could take a month to be able to cast the same spell. I think that would solve much of imbalance issues.

Leave a comment:

• dr.beercules
    replied
    I have two suggestions to help make the game better. 1. Segregate the Chinese and Russians from the other players, they are both ruthless and talk lots of smack after they destroy you. 2. Any players reported twice for bullying in messages should have their accounts deleted. Other sites are doing this due to legal liability issues, FOG should be too.

Leave a comment:

• LolaH
    replied
    354 is dying as well. Our alternative has been NAP (non aggression pact) but has made the game BORING and many in our kingdom are fed up!! We need a kingdom merge or multiple merges to help rectify. New players do not have a chance in a kingdom with big hitters (sh 20-35). We lose members/players because of restrictions placed on us by other players trying to save kindom.

Leave a comment:

• ~Amethyst~
    commented on 's reply
    It would be more productive for you to address the points I make in my post, and if you disagree offer cogent and persuasive arguments for why I am wrong. Personal attacks add nothing to the debate. This is an important issues to which EFFECTIVE solutions need to be found.

As I have argued elsewhere many times, limits on castle levels or the number of attacks would only prevent people from using farm castles. The very people who these suggestions seek to protect would be the most damaged by them. They would leave the game immediately and in large numbers.

K45.Amethyst.MOD. AUS

• Raikkonen
    commented on 's reply
    You can't shield all the time when these bullies attack you..and if you're a f2p..gold is not that many.

• TheDarkKnight
    commented on 's reply
    What about a stamina progression loss. Zero points lost for same level attack. 10 additional for each level lower. So, if you really want to attack someone five levels lower, it will cost 50 stamina for each attack. So, unless you want to buy stamina, than that limits the number of attacks.

• TheDarkKnight
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, lots of Alternative facts going on. Hey, let's make KoA Great Again! It's idiots like you and the comments you make that really piss me off.

https://nobullying.com/the-rise-of-b...-online-games/

• Gecko Ninja
    replied
    If you are getting farmed by bigger players use your gold or alliance points to get a shield.

Leave a comment:

• Raikkonen
    replied
    Originally posted by melvin2345 View Post
    1. The easiest solution, limit attacks to 3 levels below your own Stronghold and up. So, an SH26 can only attack SH23+. SH22 can only attack SH19+, etc.
    2. Make player attacks cost stamina, I would suggest 25 stamina per player attack.
    3. After being hit, you get an automatic 30min or 1hr shield. Call it Merlin's Salavation or something.
    4. Prevent players from teleporting into other alliance areas if they have an active fortress

Something HAS to be done. Some kingdoms, like K91, are absolutely unbearable to play in. I personally would absolutely spend money in this game if I didn't think I would just be buying RSS for someone 15 levels higher than me who was just going to steal on a whim.
    I agree to this one, but stamina will cost you if you are attacking a lower level SH that you. I also agree to the shield when attacked..depends on what is the outcome of the attack. Just like Clash of Clans...you get protection after an attack.

Leave a comment:

• KirilenkoPOWER
    replied
    Hi everyone !
    I will try to do my best to express myself as english is not my native language.

First I'm happy to see that my kingdom is not the only one where the problem exists. What's the problem ? Well an alliance (Chinese of course) dominates our kingdom and prevents other alliances and players from levelling by destroying them nearly everyday when they have more than 500k ressources.

I know it's a pvp game but we have to ask what pvp should be :
    • A fair battle between players or alliances of the same power leading to fights to keep control of a kingdom, be at the top ...
    • An alliance or players who destroy everyone because they took an advantage at the begining and now no one can stop them or even resist !

If you choose the second option then every kingdom where this situation appears will die, players will leave and the game will die. I have already seen this on others game and it can be really fast.
    The first option will make the game much better and has more chance to attract more players.

Now we know what we want we need to know how we can do it. I will try to summarize those in this subject and add my point of view.
    The problem is big players attacking players much more lower than them. We can either slow big players from becoming bigger and bigger or protect their target.
    • You can't fix a number of packs per months because it's the way authors earn money. Moreover they're not idiot and won't do that and I understand them
    • You must then find a way to protect the targets. Here are some solution I read + my own :
      • A kingdom without packs => Why not but as told earlier packs = money so any solution with packs won't be the solution
      • Tiered kingdoms => No because strong players can help weak one through alliance by giving them help, hints, assisting for barbarians, events ...
      • Automatic shield or kind of protection after an attack => No because it would ruin alliance's war but why not when wall's hp reach 0 ?
      • Alliance territory : Preventing people from teleporting into an other alliance territory if they're not allied or member => Why not but it won't solve the problem at all
      • Attacks cost stamina : No ! => In case of a war you should be able to attack as much as you want until your forces are dead or your enemy is destroyed
      • Level limitations : I agree with this !! I've seen this on several games and it works well ! Strong players will still fight but together and their target can progress and try to reach the top. Maybe we should look power + stronghold level instead of sh only. There will be more challenge if your alliance start a war because strong players won't be able to destroy the weak ones and then run away. It won't end pvp but it will be more challenging !
      • Bonus/Malus : an alternative to level limitations is to give bonus to defending players based on the power difference between the two players. It can be bonus to attack/hp/ trap strength ... or even preventing players from winning ressources if they're far stronger than their target because no challenge = no glory
    It won't solve the problem but will reduce the negative impact of those strong players (mainly or only Chinese one) destroying every players in their kingdoms. Thanks for your patience, don't hesitate to tell me what you think about this. I will be very happy to debate with you and sorry again for all my mistakes !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X